Physio Pro LTD is committed to ensuring the privacy of our clients and users both at the clinic and on the website. It is of note that Physio Pro LTD is not in the business of renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. As the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on the 25th May 2018, we wanted to let you know how we look after your data and in particular personal data.
At Physio Pro LTD we take your privacy very seriously, therefore we urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
- The personal information we collect about you, our users
- What we do with your information, and
- Who your information may be shared with
Who are Physio Pro LTD?
Physio Pro LTD (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the GDPR (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on free movement of such data), we are responsible for and control the processing of, your personal information.
Information that is collected
We collect personal information for medical treatment within our facility:
- Personal information provided to us
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Contact phone number
This information is collected when registering to book an appointment or following an enquiry made through the website.
- Personal information provided by third parties
Sources of third party information include:
- Insurance companies (i.e. BUPA, AXA)
- Private consultants
- Other governed health bodies
For the purposes of direct referral or medical correspondence on behalf of the patient, information that may be included:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Contact number
All information shared between Physio Pro LTD and third parties are pre-approved by the client who has agreed to share this information.
Physio Pro LTD will register this information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the client has an accurate account with Physio Pro LTD
- To book the patient in with a practitioner
- To collaborate directly with another medical professional and health provider
- Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
Should consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
Shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
- Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
You may have some or all of the following rights in respect of information about you that we hold:
- request us to give you access to it;
- request us to rectify it, update it, or erase it;
- request us to restrict our using it, in certain circumstances;
- object to our using it, in certain circumstances;
- withdraw your consent to our using it where the processing is based on your consent;
- data portability, in certain circumstances;
- opt out from our using it for direct marketing; and
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information, which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- Contact us using the contact details below
- Let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. driving license or passport)
- Let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to delete your information
Physio Pro LTD is a private medical company and do not retain personal data for longer than necessary.
The guidelines that Physio Pro LTD follow are in accordance with the GDPR that replaces the Data Protection Act 1998, where records form as legal record of treatment and therefore must be retained safely and securely. The legal requirement to retain records for a certain period relates to the legal period for bringing civil claims under Personal Injury Law or Contract law as defined by the Limitation Act 1980 and The Limitation (Norther Ireland) Order 1989.
An individual has three years to bring a personal injury claim (with some exceptions) and six years if they wish to bring the claim under contract law. Therefore, records must be retained at least until the limitation period has expired.
Physio Pro LTD aim to store health records securely for a maximum of seven years based on the above.
How does Physio Pro LTD use this information
We collect information about our users for the following reasons:
- Information is collected and registered manually for the purposes of booking clients in once an appointment has been requested.
Who your information may be shared with:
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigations to help unlawful activity
- We do not share information with third parties, but may share information if requested and agreed by the client to a third party on the client’s behalf
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
User accounts access is controlled by a unique username and password; all data is stored on a secure server; payment details are encrypted using SSL.
We are certified to ICO. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question
- Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file, which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects, (‘flash cookies’) and single pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on our website.
How many times a user visits the website
Which pages a user visits
When someone visits www.thephysiopro.com we use a third party service, Google Business Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way, which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google Business Analytics to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- For further information on cookies generally visit allaboutcookies.org